Attending a big conference can be intimidating, especially if you have never been before. That’s why at BbWorld, we have dedicated first-time attendee initiatives and tips designed to help BbWorld newcomers prepare an get the most out of the conference. Follow the below to-do list and you’ll be set up for success!
Select to attend BbWorld or BbWorld + DevCon to have access to breakout sessions, keynotes, hands-on workshops, Community LIVE, meals, parties and more. Register before Early Bird ends on 5/24/19 to save on registration!
Take advantage of discounted hotel pricing at one of the three official attendee hotels. Review the high level agenda to determine the best time to arrive and depart. We definitely suggest leaving Friday so you can attend the client appreciation party Thursday night!
The BbWorld planning team often invites Community members to provide feedback and vote during the months leading up to the event. Have your voice heard and help shape programming by becoming part of this group.
Back by popular demand! We hosted a first-time attendee webinar prior to BbWorld where we went over how to use the mobile app, browse sessions and build your agenda, network with peers and more. The webinar took place on Monday, July 15th at 2:00pm ET. Couldn’t make it? No problem! View the recording and slide below.
The BbWorld Buddies program pairs first-time attendees up with Blackboard MVP’s and other BbWorld veteran attendees. Having an experienced BbWorld attendee to help you prepare for the conference, advise on must-see sessions, provide tips on where to network and navigate like a pro can really help ensure you are able to get the most out of your first BbWorld experience. Information on the program and how to sign up will available in 2019.
The sign up form has closed, but if you are still interested in participating, email us at email@example.com. We’ll work to get you paired up!
Due to popular demand, we’ll also be hosting a first-time attendee orientation on site at BbWorld on Tuesday, July 23, at 1:00 pm which will give you time to meet other first-timers as well as BbWorld veterans. We’ll go through what to expect through the week, who your Blackboard resources are and include an optional walk through of the event spaces. Stay tuned for more information on this when the full sessions catalog is announced.
BbWorld 2018 Attendee
I found the first-time attendee webinar to be very helpful. It set me up to better understand the sessions, the layout of the conference center and the necessity of the app. Great job on this!
• Wear comfortable shoes! There is a lot of walking between sessions and other event spaces.
• Bring a backup power source for your phone and a portable power strip if you have one for your devices.
• Look at the schedule ahead of time and prioritize the sessions you want to attend.
• Don’t feel like you have to attend something in every time slot. It’s okay to take a break! Days at BbWorld tend to be long and it really helps to recharge.
• Bring a light sweater or jacket. Convention centers can get cold!
• Make sure to visit the different areas in Community LIVE early to familiarize yourself with what’s there and make plans to return.
• Divide and conquer- If there are multiple sessions you want to visit at the same time slot, see if another peer can attend and share notes.
• Read past attendee blogs:
Tips & Tricks for First-Time BbWorld Attendees
Getting the most out of BbWorld17