About the Scholarship
As a market leader in education technology, Blackboard understands the critical need for professional development in the workplace. We also value diversity of perspectives and opinions.
This year, we’re providing a scholarship opportunity to help add more diverse perspectives at our signature conference, DevCon + BbWorld. We are proud to accept nominations for the Diversity Scholarship, which will fund registration and some travel expenses for two selected Nominees to DevCon + BbWorld in Orlando, Florida on July 16 – 19, 2018 (the “Event”).
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
· Must be a full time employee or student at a Blackboard client institution;
· Must be a member of an underrepresented group at technical conferences, including but not limited to: women, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBT+, veterans;
· If employed, your employer cannot cover the cost of your conference attendance;
· Must be at least 18 years old;
· Must be based in the United States; and
· Must be able to attend the Event
If you meet the criteria above, we encourage you to nominate yourself for this scholarship! Or if you know someone who meets the criteria above, please nominate them! The deadline for nominations is midnight EST on May 31, 2018.
Blackboard will evaluate nominees based on a documented rubric that considers the responses to the questions included in in the Nomination Form and how impactful the scholarship could be for the nominee or their respective institution.
– Blackboard will award one full Scholarship to one (1) nominee who has the highest score based on the outlined criteria
– Blackboard will award one complimentary event registration to one (1) nominee who has the second highest score based on the outlined criteria.
The Full Scholarship will include the following:
– Flight, hotel, and expenses for the scholarship recipient to attend the Event up to $2,800.00
– Registration for the scholarship recipient for the Event
The complimentary event registration will include:
– Registration for the scholarship recipient (1) for the Event
Full retail value is approximately $5,000.00. The scholarship recipient will be announced on June 15th, 2018.